The People’s Republic of China (PRC), its leaders constantly remind us, is a big country. Whether it continues its rise or stumbles in its aspiration to be the superpower of the 21st century, the PRC’s actions, or indeed in some areas its lack of action, will affect all aspects of our lives.
The PRC is not going to go away and ‘China literacy’ is threadbare. Everyone – politicians, civil servants, diplomats, businesspeople and financiers, academics, environmentalists, and the general public – need a better understanding of the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) intentions and actions. This is why the Council on Geostrategy is increasing its research and analysis on the PRC and CCP.
Our work in this area can be found below:
Articles in Britain’s World
- Chinese-Russian relations: How to respond? – By James Rogers, Patrick Triglavcanin, 5th July 2022
- The significance of Xi Jinping’s visit to Hong Kong – By Charles Parton OBE, 30th June 2022
- Australia and Lithuania: limits of Chinese trade coercion – By Prof. James Laurenceson, 14th June 2022
- China’s Communist Youth League: Eternally young at a hundred – By Charles Parton OBE, 19th May 2022
- Chinese university students in Britain: challenges and opportunities – By Patrick Triglavcanin, 5th May 2022
- China’s influence in Europe takes a Baltic hit – By Viktorija Starych-Samuolienė, 8th April 2021
- After the invasion: The future of China-Russia relations – By Charles Parton OBE, 3rd March 2022
- China-Russia relations: Before the invasion of Ukraine – By Charles Parton OBE, 2nd March 2022
- Semiconductor manufacturing: What China really wants – By Radomir Tylecote, 11th January 2022
- Conclusions from the Sixth Plenum – By Charles Parton OBE, 15th December 2021
- Beijing tests Brussels through Lithuania – By Richard Whitman, 10th December 2021
- Outcomes of the Biden-Xi virtual summit – By Charles Parton OBE, 18th November 2021
- Is the Chinese Communist Party’s green agenda real? – By Matthew Henderson, 4th November 2021
- China’s interests in Afghanistan – By Dr. John Hemmings, 19th August 2021
- The genocide in Xinjiang cannot be overlooked – By Matthew Henderson, 29th April 2021
- China in the Integrated Review – By Charles Parton OBE, 19th March 2021
- China and Russia: closing the maritime system? – By Dr. John Hemmings, 10th March 2021
The Council on Geostrategy is a non-profit organisation. We accept general and project-based funding from institutions, companies and individuals who share our mission and accept our intellectual independence.
Subscribe to all our updates: