- This event has passed.
15 July 2021 at 12:00 – 13:00 BST
Join Tobias Ellwood MP, Prof. Mark Galeotti, Dr Alexander Lanoszka, and H.E. Vadym Prystaiko as they discuss the Minsk Accords and how to the end to ongoing Russian occupation in Ukraine.
About this event
The Minsk Accords, intended to stop the fighting, instigated by Russia, in Southeastern Ukraine, have failed – but they still occupy centre-stage as ‘the only option’ for peace. Although at the time they averted the risk of all-out war, sporadic violence continues, with the constant risk of escalation. And for the moment, the prospects of any real peace deal are slender.
The Council on Geostrategy is delighted to invite you to a timely discussion with:
Tobias Ellwood MP
- Chair, Defence Select Committee, House of Commons
Prof. Mark Galeotti
- Honorary Professor at UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies
Dr Alexander Lanoszka
- Ernest Bevin Associate Fellow on Euro-Atlantic Geopolitics, Council on Geostrategy
H.E. Vadym Prystaiko
- Ambassador of Ukraine in the United Kingdom
- Co-founder and Director of Strategy, Council on Geostrategy
This event was hosted online using Zoom.