- This event has passed.
30 June 2021 at 13:00 – 14:00 BST
Join Dr John Hemmings, Charles Parton OBE, Lord Ricketts and Tom Tugendhat MP for a fascinating discussion about the Chinese Communist Party’s future.
About this event
The Chinese Communist Party is due to celebrate its centenary this July. The party has lived through different periods and was led by numerous leaders, who led with different levels of severity. However, since 2012, its current leader Xi Jinping, has imposed a greater level of control over the CCP. The current leader is taking over the party and its government which in turn signals a decisive break from its’ past.
The Council on Geostrategy is delighted to invite you to a timely discussion with Tom Tugendhat MP (Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee) and our two Associate Fellows Dr John Hemmings and Charles Parton OBE about the future of the CCP and the risks it poses to the stability of the geopolitical order of the future.
Dr John Hemmings
- James Cook Associate Fellow in Indo-Pacific Geopolitics, Council on Geostrategy
Charles Parton OBE
- Former British Diplomat to China and Hong Kong
- Former National Security Advisor, Crossbench Peer
Tom Tugendhat MP
- Chair of the Foreign Affairs Committee, House of Commons
- Co-founder and Director of Strategy, Council on Geostrategy
This event was hosted online using Zoom.