Viktorija Starych-Samuolienė, our Director of Strategy, attended the Black Sea and Balkans Security Forum on 2nd and 3rd September in Bucharest. On the Saturday (3rd September), she moderated a panel on the subject of the ‘Transatlantic Link and the NATO – EU Cooperation’.
The panel included the following speakers:
- Mrs. Simona Cojocaru, State Secretary, Ministry of National Defence, Romania;
- Amb. (Ret.) Tacan İldem, Chairman, The Centre for Economics and Foreign Policy Studies (EDAM), Turkey;
- Brig. Gen. Radostin Iliev, Director of the Defense Policy and Planning Directorate, Ministry of Defence, Bulgaria (via VTC);
- Mr. Emmanuel Dupuy, President, Institute for European Perspective and Security, France; and,
- Mr. Jakub M. Godzimirski, Research Professor, The Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI)
You can watch the full discussion, including the question and answer session after the speaker’s opening remarks:
This flagship annual event featured Nicolae Ciucă, the Prime Minister of Romania, Lt. Gen. (rtd.) Ben Hodges (former commander of US Army Europe), Oleksiy Reznikov (Defence Minister of Ukraine) and many other speakers. You can find out more about the Forum here.